CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 31, 2009

Read Aloud Visits

I have been busily visiting classrooms to get to know the students and teachers at Taylor Mill Elementary. While I have shared several different stories with the classes, Miss Nelson Has a Field Day seems to be everyone's favorite. This story features Miss Viola Swamp as a very strict football coach! The students and I discussed what a coach does and what I will be doing as the year progresses. I have had many thoughtful responses such as:
  • a coach models how to do something for you
  • coaches give you tips on what to do
  • coaches tell you where to go
  • a coach cheers you on and tells you when you are doing a good job

I look forward to many more visits with the classes and teachers here at Taylor Mill Elementary!!

No comments: